Corset Pattern Drafting Part 1: 17-18th April, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to travel restrictions put in place by the Australian and New Zealand governments due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this class has unfortunately been postponed. It will be rescheduled for later in the year, when (hopefully) the worst is over and travel is allowed without quarantine restrictions. During this difficult time, I hope you all stay safe and find a few quiet moments to create and relax during this stressful time. ~Lowana
Book your place in this Corset Pattern Drafting Class (Part One) and learn how to draft your own underbust corset patterns, completely from scratch! Even if you have no previous experience with drafting patterns, you can learn how to make underbust corset patterns using the unique Vanyanís method. The process is broken into easy-to-understand steps, giving you the knowledge to make a pattern from anyone’s measurements.
The focus of this class is to learn how to create your own corset patterns from measurements, and fit them perfectly. You will learn how to take accurate measurements for corsetry and then using those measurements draft a six panel underbust pattern. During the class you will learn how to make a corset toile (mock-up) to test your pattern. We’ll share all our best tips, tricks and secrets with you and about corset fit and how and where to apply changes to your toile. After the fitting, you’ll learn how to accurately transfer those changes to your pattern.
At the end of this pattern drafting course you’ll have a personalised underbust corset pattern to keep and the knowledge of how to fit and draft more independently.
You’ll gain the confidence, knowledge and inspiration to build on your success and make more patterns on your own. Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages welcome!
- Dates: Friday 17th – Saturday 18th of April, 2020 (2 days)
- Times: 9:30am – 5:30pm each day (14 hours of tuition)
- Location: Vanyanís studio, Healesville, Victoria, Australia
- Price includes: all materials, morning and afternoon refreshments
- No prior experience required! This class is suitable for complete beginners or those with previous pattern drafting experience
- Small class size: 3-4 attendees
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement
- For accommodation and travel advice, please contact us directly
- Students will receive a class handout with pattern drafting instructions to take home as well as a blank copy of the Vanyanís measurement chart for future use.
Out of stock
For your chance to be featured, use #VanyanisPatternDrafting or #VanyanisSchoolofCouture on Instagram.