Wellington Corset Pattern Drafting Part 1: June 28th & July 5th, 2020
Book your place in this Corset Pattern Drafting Class (Part One) and learn how to draft your own underbust corset patterns, completely from scratch! Even if you have no previous experience with drafting patterns, you can learn how to make underbust corset patterns using the unique Vanyanís method. The process is broken into easy-to-understand steps, giving you the knowledge to make a pattern from anyone’s measurements.
The focus of this class is to learn how to create your own corset patterns from measurements, and fit them perfectly. You will learn how to take accurate measurements for corsetry and then using those measurements draft a six panel underbust pattern. During the class you will learn how to make a corset toile (mock-up) to test your pattern. We’ll share all our best tips, tricks and secrets with you and about corset fit and how and where to apply changes to your toile. After the fitting, you’ll learn how to accurately transfer those changes to your pattern.
At the end of this pattern drafting course you’ll have a personalised underbust corset pattern to keep and the knowledge of how to fit and draft more independently.
You’ll gain the confidence, knowledge and inspiration to build on your success and make more patterns on your own. Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages welcome!
- Dates: Sunday’s 28th June & 5th July 2020 (2 days)
- Times: 10am – 5pm each day (14 hours of class)
- Location: Nancy’s Stitch Studio,
261 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Price includes: all materials required to draft and fit your pattern
- Refreshments included: tea, coffee and biscuits
- No prior experience required! This class is suitable for complete beginners or those with previous pattern drafting experience
- Small class size: 4-6 attendees
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement
- Students will receive a class handout with pattern drafting instructions to take home as well as a blank copy of the Vanyanís measurement chart for future use.
- For information about class bookings and Covid-19, click here.
Out of stock
For your chance to be featured, use #VanyanisPatternDrafting or #VanyanisSchoolofCouture on Instagram.