Welcome to Vanyanís
At Vanyanís, we believe in slow fashion – high quality, versatile pieces made to last – not fast fads to be discarded in a few months. Rather than a passing trend, we focus on fashion as an investment; a Vanyanís wardrobe is a collection of timeless favourites made with quality and ethics at the fore, because we pride ourselves on paying a living wage.
Our couture designs are patterned for each individual client, allowing us to complement and enhance your own personal beauty. For our ready to wear collections, we have expertly developed our patterns to create garments that make you look, and feel, your very best.
We love to make our clients feel beautiful. Whatever your size or shape, whatever the occasion, well-fitting clothing empowers you to put your best foot forward and inspires confidence. Clothing is an important expression of self, and it’s a privilege to be a part of that with you.
Want to make your own corsets and improve your sewing skills? Let us show you how at the Vanyanís School of Couture.
- "Anyone interested in corsets should try this." “I felt good. It was very challenging, but a nice environment” “My Favourite part of the class was Lowana’s teaching – her knowledge, tips and encouragement.” (Visit Tara's YouTube channel for a three-part vlog series about the course: Making a Corset: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)Tara MossAuthor, human rights advocate and host of the Sewing Vintage with Tara Moss series
- "Lowana’s technique and guidance took my work from ‘ok’ to ‘great’.... she took years off my learning." (Visit Elinor's blog for a review of the course: Learning to Make Corsets With Vanyanís) (Elinor later went on to WIN the Foundations Revealed 2017 Competition in the Beginner's category!)Elinor Lloyd-PhilippsTheNylonSwish.com
- Lowana is patient and kind and a great problem solver, and teacher. I can’t wait to come back for the next learning experience!StudentBeginner's Corsetry Course
- Wonderful teaching atmosphere – I come away feeling very proud of myself!StudentBeginner's Corsetry Course
- "The most valuable thing I learnt was that everything can be fixed; there’s no such thing as perfection." "Lowana O’Shea has a never-ending supply of patience."SharelynBeginner's Corsetry Course
- The teacher was very informative, passionate and easy to understand. She took us, step by step, through each stage, and assisted each student, one-on-one.StudentBeginner's Corsetry Course