Book your place in this Mesh Corsetry Class and learn how to make your own steel-boned genuine corset using corsetry mesh. Building upon the knowledge you gained in previous Vanyanís courses, you'll learn how to work with sheer corsetry mesh and make external bone casings. Corsetry mesh is different than regular corset fabrics and requires an entirely different method of construction to ensure that your corset is strong and can be tightlaced. At the end of this corsetry course you'll have a custom fitted sheer black corset and personalised pattern to keep. You'll gain the confidence, knowledge and inspiration to build on your success and make more mesh corsets on your own. Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages (over 18) are welcome!
- Dates: To be confirmed
- Times: To be confirmed
- Location: The Stitchery Limited, 22 Prosser Street Elsdon, Porirua, 5022
- Price includes: all materials required to make your corset, including the pattern
- Refreshments included: tea, coffee and biscuits
- Experience: you must already have attended at least one other Vanyanís corsetry class
- Small class size: 4-6 attendees
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement
- Prior to class commencement we will contact you for your measurements
- A current vaccine pass and face mask is required for attendees
Classes, School Shop
Do you love sewing?! Perhaps you have a sewing project you need help with? Are you having trouble fitting that dress to your shape? Not sure how to achieve the desired result or know where to start? Want to know how to get a more professional finish? Or maybe you just need an excuse to get out of the house and make time for yourself to do what you love, in a dedicated sewing studio with like-minded people (let's be honest, life does have a habit of getting in the way and sometimes we need an 'event' or deadline to get us doing what we wanted to do anyway).
Come and join in our Sewing Day and get all the help and support you need from Lowana O'Shea as you work on your individual projects. This 'Sewing Day' is intended to be fun, casual and full of the shared enjoyment of sewing. Bring along anything you're working on (or wanting to start) and give yourself the excuse to get some serious work done on it. Want to see what we get up too? Click here.
- Date: Sunday 19th March 2023
- Time: 10am - 4:30pm day
- Location: Healesville Senior Citizens Hall, 18 Green Street, Healesville, Victoria, Australia
- Price includes: tuition, use of our studio tools, venue hire and endless tea & coffee (and delicious refreshments)
- Price does not include: materials, machine hire, or lunch (but we do tend to "over cater" the refreshments)
- Bring: your sewing project, sewing machine (if needed), sewing kit & lunch
- Class size: 4-8 attendees (a small sewing party!)