Patterns, School Shop
The Vanyanís Aeryn underbust pattern is a comfortable and shapely corset pattern. Initially developed for Vanyanís Beginner's Corsetry Course, this pattern has fast become popular and has proven to be a huge success with all who've tried it. It has a curvy silhouette with a lovely sweetheart shape at the upper back. The back panels have been drafted to create a smooth silhouette and eliminate any "back fat" or "overspill". This pattern creates a beautiful corset with a dramatic shape.
The corset pattern has six panels (per side) and is patterned to lace up closed on the wearers body (if you prefer a 2" lacing gap, simply select one size smaller). The pattern has been created to be as user friendly as possible. Seam allowances are clearly marked on all panels as well as a helpful letter system across of the top of the panel pieces (to help you sew the panels together correctly). We recommend sewing a toile (mock-up) to check and adjust the fit, before commencing your final project.
Once purchased, the pattern pack will be immediately emailed to you as a PDF in both A3 and A4 formats, so you can print it out and get started with your corset straight away. (The A4 version will need to be taped together after printing). Tip: make sure you print the file at "100%", not "shrink to fit". There is a printed scale measurement on each page so you can check that it has printed correctly.
The files will be sent from email@example.com so make sure you add this email to your address book so your patterns don't end up in the 'spam' folder!
Please use #VanyanisAerynCorsetPattern when posting your projects on Instagram, as we'd love to see your creations!$ 24
ClassesBook your place in this Beginner's Corsetry Class and learn how to make your own steel-boned genuine underbust corset. At the end of this corsetry course you'll have a custom fitted black corset and personalized Vanyanís pattern to keep. You'll gain the confidence, knowledge and inspiration to build on your success and make more corsets on your own. Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages (over 18) welcome!$ 795
- Dates: Sunday's 7th, 4th, 31st of November and 5th & 12th of December 2021 (5 days)
- Times: 11am - 4pm each day (25 hours of tuition)
- Location: The Stitchery Limited, 22 Prosser Street Elsdon, Porirua, 5022
- Price includes: all materials and pattern required to make your underbust corset
- Refreshments included: tea, coffee and biscuits
- Experience: you must already know how to sew and use a sewing machine (read more)
- Class size: 4-6 attendees
- There will be some homework to complete during the weeks between class sessions.
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement (payment plans available)
- Prior to class commencement we will contact you for your measurements
- For information about class bookings and Covid-19, click here.