Wellington Corset Pattern Drafting: Part 1 [Date: TBC]
Book your place in this Corset Pattern Drafting Class (Part One) and learn how to draft your own underbust corset patterns, completely from scratch! Even if you have no previous experience with drafting patterns, you can learn how to make underbust corset patterns using the unique Vanyanís method. The process is broken into easy-to-understand steps, giving you the knowledge to make a pattern from anyone’s measurements.
The focus of this class is to learn how to create your own corset patterns from measurements, and fit them perfectly. You will learn how to take accurate measurements for corsetry and then using those measurements draft a six panel underbust pattern. During the class you will learn how to make a corset toile (mock-up) to test your pattern. We’ll share all our best tips, tricks and secrets with you and about corset fit and how and where to apply changes to your toile. After the fitting, you’ll learn how to accurately transfer those changes to your pattern.
At the end of this pattern drafting course you’ll have a personalised underbust corset pattern to keep and the knowledge of how to fit and draft more independently.
You’ll gain the confidence, knowledge and inspiration to build on your success and make more patterns on your own. Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages welcome!
- Dates: To be confirmed
- Times: To be confirmed
- Location: The Stitchery Limited, 22 Prosser Street Elsdon, Porirua, 5022
- Price includes: all materials required to draft and fit your pattern
- Refreshments included: tea, coffee and biscuits
- No prior experience required! This class is suitable for complete beginners or those with previous pattern drafting experience
- Small class size: 4-6 attendees
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement
- Students will receive a comprehensive class handout with pattern drafting instructions to take home as well as a blank copy of the Vanyanís measurement chart for future use
Out of stock