Wellington Corset Pattern Drafting Part 3: 7, 14 & 21 November, 2021
Building on your pattern drafting knowledge you gained in Part One and/or Part Two, in Corset Pattern Drafting Part Three you will learn how to take a “basic” corset pattern you’ve already fitted and then transform it into the creative design of your dreams. Diagonal or swirly panels, 3D necklines… whatever you can dream up, you can pattern! You will also learn how to make a pattern using the ‘Tape Method’ – instead of taking extensive body measurements we will tape the body and develop the pattern in 3D before transferring it to paper (2D).
The methods taught in this course are very ‘hands on’ and there is little-to-no maths involved at all. If traditional pattern drafting feels too complicated, too structured, or you just want to use your hands to create, then the methods taught in this course are for you. This approach will help you learn what different figures look like in pattern form without the stress of wondering if you’re getting it right or not. If you will be making a pattern for a body shape you’ve never patterned for before then these skills will help you level up quickly.
It’s always helpful to learn more than one way to achieve something – it gives you the tools to pick and choose the best approach (for you) for any project. The pattern drafting skills you learn in this course can be applied to bridal bodices, couture gowns and corsets.
The focus of this class is to learn how to create an overbust corset pattern using the ‘Tape Method’ and then fit it perfectly. During the class you will learn how to make an overbust corset toile (mock-up) to test your pattern. We’ll share all our best corset fitting secrets with you and show you how and where to apply changes to your toile. After the fitting, you’ll learn how to accurately transfer those changes to your pattern. You’ll then learn how to transform the basic pattern into a fantastic, creatively cut pattern.
At the end of this pattern drafting course you’ll have two personalized corset patterns to keep and the confidence and knowledge of how to fit and design more patterns independently.
Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages welcome!
- Dates: Sunday’s 7th, 14th and 21st of November, 2021 (3 days)
- Times: 11am – 4pm each day (15 hours of tuition)
- Location: The Stitchery Limited, 22 Prosser Street Elsdon, Porirua, 5022
- Price includes: all materials required to draft two patterns and fit one toile
- Refreshments included: tea, coffee and biscuits
- Experience: you must have previously attended a Vanyanís Corset Pattern Drafting course, or, have some experience with working with patterns
- Small class size: 4-6 attendees
- Homework: there will be some work to complete between class sessions
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement
- Students will receive a class handout for future use
- For information about class bookings and Covid-19, click here.
Out of stock
For your chance to be featured, use #VanyanisPatternDrafting or #VanyanisSchoolofCouture on Instagram.