Wellington Corset Pattern Drafting: Part 2 [Date: TBC]
Building on your pattern drafting knowledge you gained in Part One, in Corset Pattern Drafting Part Two you will learn how to draft your own overbust corset patterns. The pattern drafting skills you learn in this course can be applied to bridal bodices, couture gowns and corsets.
Fitting busts can be tricky, but they don’t have to be. In this course you’ll learn how to shape and support busts of all sizes. We’ll share all our best tips and tricks with you so that you can create overbust patterns that fit perfectly, with a beautiful silhouette using the unique Vanyanís pattern drafting method. The process is broken into easy-to-understand steps, giving you the knowledge to make a pattern from anyone’s measurements.
The focus of this class is to learn how to create overbust corset patterns from any measurements and then fit them perfectly. During the class you will learn how to make an overbust corset toile (mock-up) to test your pattern. We’ll share all our best bust fitting secrets with you and show you how and where to apply changes to your toile. After the fitting, you’ll learn how to accurately transfer those changes to your pattern.
At the end of this pattern drafting course you’ll have a personalized overbust corset pattern to keep and the confidence and knowledge of how to fit and draft more patterns independently.
Receive expert guidance from an industry professional in a fun, warm environment. All shapes, sizes and ages welcome!
- Dates: To be confirmed
- Times: To be confirmed
- Location: The Stitchery Limited, 22 Prosser Street Elsdon, Porirua, 5022
- Price includes: all materials required to draft and fit your overbust corset
- Refreshments included: tea, coffee and biscuits
- Experience: you must have previously attended Vanyanís Corset Pattern Drafting Part One or have extensive pattern drafting experience
- Small class size: 4-6 attendees
- Payment in full must be received prior to course commencement
- Students will receive a comprehensive class handout with pattern drafting instructions to take home as well as a blank copy of the Vanyanís measurement chart for future use.
Out of stock